I wrote this post for Kelly at Herringbone Lane last week.
I thought I would share it here in case y'all missed it.
I have lots to talk about since this is one of my favorite subjects so let's get to it
1. Urban Decay Primer Potion in "Sin", $20 Okay. First of all, if you aren't using a primer (of any kind) under your shadows- you need to stop. now. They make all the difference in the world. I never go without them. This one is my fav. I love everything about this champagne-colored magical cream. Use it as a light base under your shadows and I swear they won't budge all day.
2. e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner in "Coffee", $3 Talk about all day hold- this is the stuff! I've been using this potted liner for almost 3 years now and I will forever. Don't let the price fool you-- It's great! In the summer, I ditch the blacks and stick with browns and golden hues and this coffee shade is perfect for a more natural look that is totally sweat-proof!
3. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in "Waikiki Strip", $12.95 In the summer, there is nothing prettier than a little shimmer on sun-kissed skin. This product is perfect. The best part is that it is multi-use: a bronzer, a highlighter for the cheek bones, or an eye shadow! This stuff is the perfect pick-me-up for dull skin.
4. MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural, $29 I ditch my liquid foundation for this in the summer months. Think a compact version of Bare Minerals plus some more coverage. This gives my face the perfect "air-brushed" flawless finish. Love love love.
5. Forever 21 Striped Floppy Hat, $13.80 Although we all want the tanned to perfection look, it's not so safe- let's be real. I think the perfect fashionable way to protect ourselves from the sun (besides sun block, of course) is a too-cute floppy hat. They are really popular right now so you can find them just about anywhere, but this is one of my favs from Forever 21, and that price is too good.
6. Julep Nail Polish in "Suzie", $14 I don't know if y'all have ever heard of Julep but it's a great little thing I talk a lot about on the blog. I did a post about it here. They have great nail colors (comparable to OPI, Essie, and Butter London). I love this hue I got not too long ago- the best minty blue you've ever seen. This looks awesome against tanned skin and mint is huge for the season.
7. Smashbox O-GLOSS, $22 I really love pink lips in the summer, bright and pretty. But instead of heavy lipstick, I trade out for this perfect Smashbox gloss. This gloss reacts with your personal skin chemistry to transform from clear into your own custom shade of pink. It's really too cool.
8. Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer After a day in the sun, aloe and regular moisturizers just don't cut it. I love the Green Tea moisturizer from Proactiv to replenish my skin. It smells good. It's silky and light. What more could you need?!